You’ve executed the interviews – informative weren’t they? It’s now time to put all those things information that may be in your a.neugodnikov.com head upon paper, and pull it all together into a complete picture.
This article employs on from our previous article which provided tips on how to perform the interviews themselves. Below we give you some likely techniques to work with whilst analyzing your interviews, helping mildew your results into some thing tangible.
Kind your studies into a fréquentation
After interviews you’ll find that you’ll lots of interesting thoughts and ideas moving around the head, but very likely in zero clear composition. The effects will be easier to understand and convey to others if they are ordered into a clear narration.
The easiest way to do this to achieve this is to put everything down on paper and after that sift through the results to produce a final unified story.
Sticky notes & a bright white board
2. Put all the concepts, creative ideas and findings you present in each interview onto post-it notes (each point must be on its own note).
* Attempt to avoid long phrases as you’ll need to be able to quickly scan that and know what it identifies, each post-it should just contain about 10 key phrases.
* Twenty-four hours a day use short quotes or simple summaries if they sum up the finding very well.
* Put a number or an interviewee name for the corner to help you keep track exactly where each post-it came from.
* If you interviewed people by differing communities (for case in point new and returning customers) patterns will probably be easier to location if you set a symbol on each post-it (or used colouring co-ordinated post-its) to show which group that they belonged to.
After the interviews you’ll know the common themes that look through the selection interviews, so engage the post-its around and group all of them accordingly.
Take some time with this, you may find the original groupings switch over time. This is called an ‘affinity diagram’. An advantage of using post-its is that you can observe the whole of your results at once, instead of seeing a little part over a screen at any one time. Discovering the ‘big picture’ will assist you to visualise what’s going on more easily than attempting this kind of visualisation in your mind alone. An additional is that post-its give you the overall flexibility to make even more changes to your diagram if and when needed.
In case you are able to, do that on a light board. This has 2 positive aspects:
* It is possible to draw bands around the teams, and add annotations where required.
* The post-its are likely to stick and stay to need all of them (rather than deciding to fall for the floor at most inopportune times).
Essentially you’re setting up a visual rendering (almost a mind map) of the end result. Once it has the visualized, you will discover it’ll make a lot more sense.
Don’t forget as to why you were conducting the interviews
The first document emphasized the need to have a goal when ever conducting the interviews:
“The aims of interviews are to discover:
* Users’ needs and goals.
* How users accomplish tasks on your own site (or would carry out if features was available).
* What users think the site offers them (and what more that they really want/need). ”
This may act as a good framework to make use of your conclusions, and should end up being remembered even though conducting the analysis. Although keep in mind that beauty of interviews is usually their overall flexibility so if you feel placing a different focus on the results clarifies your studies, you can do hence.
Bounce your opinions off another individual
Stand in the front of your post-its and discuss your findings through with someone (or several people). Encourage issues. You will not be capable of answer every question, however you will find just where gaps in your explanations will be. Talking throughout your findings will likely help additionally clarify your thoughts, and you’ll comprehend where the spaces are in the overall picture.
You may also locate bouncing tips off folks who didn’t be present at the interviews useful. Viewing the benefits with somebody with a varied perspective from your own can make ideas you possibly will not have considered normally.
Take your time
There is a first couple of several hours will be filled up with a craze of composing and collection post-its, you must then sleeping on the final result. You will find the subconscious help keep on taking care of the problems, and you may well discover you arise with even more ideas, or perhaps when going for a soak in a bath, or perhaps on the walk home… There will always be further bits to add, and changes to be created to your affinity diagram.
Expanding your studies from interviews is like developing a photograph manually ,. It takes some if you buzz through the method then the final result is quite a bit less it should be. Spend some time over the every stage, you will get been given a phenomenal amount details to procedure during the interviews, so ensure anything relevant gets down and a clear overall message will be able to develop.
Once it’s done it just leaves the ‘simple’ matter of:
* Producing whatever alterations are required to your site
* Producing personas
* The diagnosis of problems with your existing site
2. Directing fresh design principles
another one on the thousands of problems interviews may feed amazingly useful details into . But these “small” challenges might be made easier knowing your hard work will pay off arrive go live.
As i have said in the previous content “interviews are an easy way to find in-depth information about your users”, just remember that more attempt is needed than expected to take out those excellent results.